Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Garden History - Chapter 7

Just a short chapter to add some pictures.
This is a close up snap of the bushes we have just under the front porch. This picture was taken this summer just after a rain shower. My husband wanted me to take this snap because the bush looked as if it were laden with diamonds. The lay term name, I believe, is Frizzle. It has beautiful leaves that are colored from a dark purple to a dark green and anywhere in between. It has pretty filly hot pink flowers from spring through the summer. It will grow up to 6 feet so I do have to cut it back two or three times a year. This spring it will, again, need a hard cutting.

++++++

These are some of what I call my “man proof” flowers. Day Lilies and some varigated plants on the ends (they have a nice purple flower in the late late summer) and I cannot remember their name. These are hardy enough to withstand mowing, weed eating, neighborhood pets and drought. They are planted around a city Crape Myrtle tree between the street and sidewalk.

Chapter 6 CLICK HERE

Chapter 5 CLICK HERE

Chapter 4
CLICK HERE

Chapter 3
CLICK HERE

Chapter 2
CLICK HERE

Chapter 1
CLICK HERE

I, also, have a few extra Signature Golf Balls hanging around in my OLA House. To see them click on this banner.

No comments: