Thursday, September 24, 2009

Garden History Chapter Eleven

Spring 2008 Update

I know we have had an incredibly warm winter so far but this is why I love this area. You just never know what is going to happen! These pictures were taken early this year, 1/12/08. This yard is always active and sometimes over-active, lol.
My Camellia is starting to bloom. Which does concern me a bit cause they usually don’t start up till February.

The Oregon Grape (leaves look and feel like a holly), narcissus, snowbells and daffodils are starting to pop up. The Winter Daphne is, also, starting to bloom. This is generally the right time of year because I, always, have the yellow blooms in winter on the holly and the great smell of the daphne.


Just thought I would post this picture of my ferns which are tucked between the house and the shed. They are indigenous to this area so they are pretty healthy in their hiding place!

2 comments:

MetzyMom said...

I love your Garden Blogs... especially the photos!!!

Aesthetics48 said...

Thank you, I love to take them. I think I am making progress on them. :)