Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Time Fruit and Flowers!

I took a few pictures of this Spring’s fruit tree blossoms. After the very hard winter we had here it is nice to get outside and, of course, now we are having unusually high temperatures. Almost 90 today!

I am trying to sell my rotor tiller so I am doing my vegetable garden by hand. I do have a nice tool, Garden Weasel Claw, and it does a nice job. Just am doing a row at a time and not the whole garden. Easier on these old bones!

This is the newest arrival to the garden, a thorn-less Blackberry bush. I planted it last week and it already has blossoms this week! Maybe I’ll get one berry.





I know I am going to have a bunch of blueberries this year! My little bush is just loaded with blossoms.



Check out these strange little butter cup type plants. They come up all over the place even in between other flowers. I wonder if anyone knows their real name? The are pretty so I don’t even try to get rid of them. They die off after spring anyway.



I took this picture of my Damson Plum tree but it was a little late to catch all the blossoms. Enough pictures for today. More in a later post. :)



1 comment:

kornkountrytreasures said...

You are making me want to plant things! I can kill plastic! But I might just give it a try!! Sounds like you like to put up a lot of preserves, etc. Yummy!!!