Friday, January 13, 2012

A Play On Words

I found this interesting, a lot of things we say and don't realize it.

Strange English Language facts

He could lead if he would get the lead out.

A farm can produce produce.

The dump was so full it had to refuse refuse.

The soldier decided to desert in the desert.

The present is a good time to present the present.

At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass drum.

The dove dove into the bushes.

I did not object to the object.

The insurance for the invalid was invalid.

The bandage was wound around the wound.

There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

They were too close to the door to close it.

The buck does funny things when the does are present.

They sent a sewer down to stitch the tear in the sewer line.

To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number.

I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes.

I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.

We polish the Polish furniture.

And Finally:

There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren’t invented in England or French fries in France.

Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren’t sweet, are meat.

Quicksand can work slowly.

Boxing rings are square and

if vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat??????

 

I have no connection for OLA.COM with this one but I bet if Korn were to attempt it she would find some. Hope if she does it she finds something in my store chateycathey that applies

Wishing everyone a very healthy and wealthy 2012

6 comments:

Supergranny said...

It is amazing....no wonder folks have such a hard time learning english.

chateycathey said...

Agree on that one.

Supergranny said...

How about if you turn around and around an oriental person...do they become dis-oriented?

kornkountrytreasures said...

Ahha, threw down the gauntlet, did ya?? Did I spell that right? I don't know!! Challenge taken! Might take me a little while but then I don't have to figure out the clues in the Scavenger Hunt!!! hehehehehe

chateycathey said...

Funny SG but I guess they would. And Korny you got me on the scavenger hunt so don't scare me away LOL

CurioCache said...

Great post! After I read it again, I can say I read it..