So, and now you have to try it by yourself: BLACK FOREST GATEAU
This dessert is quick and easy to make - great for impressing friends
Ingredients1 x Dr. Oetker Tarte au Chocolat 125g (4½
oz) butter, melted 3 eggs, beaten 410g can cherry pie filling 300ml
(10fl.oz) whipping cream 2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract
15g (½ oz) Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Dark Chocolate, grated
Method1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 or
160ºC for a fan assisted oven.
2. Using a 20cm (8inch) round cake tin, make up the Tarte cake mix as
directed on the box and cook as directed. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire
rack for 10 mins, then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely.
3. When ready to serve, whip the cream until just peaking and fold in a few
drops of Almond Extract.
4. Split the cake through the middle and spread one half with half the
whipped cream and top the other half with most of the cherry pie filling.
5. Sandwich the two cake haves back together and put the cake on a serving
plate. Spread the remaining pie filling in the centre of the top of the cake.
6. Put the creaming cream into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle
and swirl the cream round the edge of the cake.
7. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to serve.