Monday, October 1, 2012

Goebel Hummel Figurines

Goebel Hummel Figurines

Sister Maria Innocentia Hummel signed her noted agreement with the porcelain firm, W. Goebel Porzellanfahrik,on January 9th, 1935, which gave the porcelain company permission to turn Sister Hummel’s drawings into M. I. Hummel figurines. 



Hummel Figurine # 015/0 Hear Ye Hear Ye


During World War II, the M. I. Hummel figurine production was restricted. Once the war ended, the M. I. Hummel figurines again appeared in the shops throughout Germany.

Many of what I call the Traditional Hummel Figurine is based on Bavarian culture.  Think of Heidi.


Surprise:  Traditional Hummel


I have the pleasure of offering several hundred Goebel Hummel figurines as part of a friend's estate.

Most are in excellent condition, many have original boxes.  Below is a group of Occupational Hummel Figurines.



First Mate   Boy with Oar


Waiter    Young man holding tray with Wine & Glass


Doctor Boy with rag doll at his feet

The Builder (Brick mason)


Shepard's Boy  Boy and two lambs


There will be more about Goebel Hummel figurines in future blogs.

Thanks for your interest, Chloe

2 comments:

kornkountrytreasures said...

You have some beautiful pieces listed!! Some I never would have imagined!! I love the Hear ye, hear ye!!! Great post, Chloe!! Thank you for joining us!!

chateycathey said...

Very nice blog and I love hummel's. I have two hummel prints for sale but no action so maybe I need to promote them more like you are doing with this awesome blog