Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Hint #10 -- Boxes, Boxes, Boxes


Start saving small and good quality boxes. It’s such a pain when you want to wrap a gift but can’t find the right size box, or you need to mail a package, but the box you have is too flimsy. My 2 favorite companies for boxes are Avon and Schwann’s. Also look around when you’re shopping for nice boxes that will just be discarded by the store.

If you have the time and patience, covering boxes can be a fun craft and add a special touch to any gift. My sister made me a Christmas tree ornament one year. It was beautiful, with beads and velvet ribbon, but just as beautiful was the homemade box she put it in.

Here are some handmade or hand-decorated boxes from OLA.


4 comments:

CurioCache said...

My Mom gave me 2 nice-sized velvet covered boxes a few years ago - we still use them each year at Christmas (and dibs them back!).

Fleapirates said...

A memorable gift ALWAYS starts with creative packaging! Great ideas on the boxes!

Supergranny said...

I like the handmade paper covered boxes. Very handsome.

kornkountrytreasures said...

Curio, such a great idea!! I love pretty boxes!!