Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little Girl On A Plane

A CALIFORNIA Congressman was seated next to a little
girl on the airplane leaving from DALLAS when  he turned
to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker
if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and
said to the total stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'
'Oh, I don't know,' said the congressman. 'How about global
warming or universal health care', and he smiles smugly.
OK, ' she said. 'Those could be interesting topics. But let me
ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the
same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow
turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass.
Why do you suppose that is?'

The California legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's
intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'
To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss
global warming or universal health care when you don't know shit?




Stories.....like to read?  Books make wonderful gifts....at least I think so.  I love books.  A practical and economical place to shop for books is Supergrannys Treasures I have a number of well known authors for sale like James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Lis Wiehl, Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman, David Baldacci, Robert B Parker to name a few.


Can you imagine the plethora of books you would be able to find at the 100's of stores at discount prices at Online Auction

2 comments:

kornkountrytreasures said...

Great story, SG!! I think you like the same authors I do! Great writers, great books!!

Fleapirates said...

I love books, too!

And I love bargains!

Good thing we have OLA.