Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's Time To Plan Holiday Cookies!

You're just now licking the October Apple Crumbcake off your fingers and planning how many Pumpkin Pies to make for Thanksgiving in November, I know. Fall always brings the most scrumptious recipes to the table, but wait... peeking around the corner is Christmas! It's time to plan Holiday cookies! Are you ready?

Sites like Hershey's are ready! Go browsing and discover a wealth of holiday recipes already waiting for you to print and save. From cakes and cookies to pies and fudge, you can find ways to impress your family and guests all through this magical season! Below is one of my family's favorite recipes. I've been making them for years! Deliciously easy, these cookies are great for kids to join you in making, as well. They're the perfect size for little hands to work with. (And you need someone to unwrap all those kisses, don't ya?)


Kisses - Magical Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
About 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand SPECIAL    DARK Mildly Sweet Chocolates, unwrapped
Powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely. Shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

2. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar. Roll in sugar again just before serving, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.

Now to really set a memorable table, you need some dazzling serving pieces. Here are a couple of fantastic choices, priced just right, I might add, and available at OnlineAuction.com, of course!



7 comments:

CurioCache said...

Oh yes - I WILL be making these cookies!! Thanks for sharing!

Supergranny said...

We love to eat em...I'm pretty much over baking them:)

Fleapirates said...

Does that mean I have to send you some, SG? lol

kornkountrytreasures said...

These sound so good!! Gotta try them! My dad would love them!

chateycathey said...

As I said in to another blogger, this time of year makes me want to bake stuff. Will let you know if I did good or not

Anonymous said...

I Love recipes...
I love Kisses'...
I love Cookies....

This is just the Bestest post! ♥

Aesthetics48 said...

I'm with Sunflower on this! Nice post, cookies, yum.